Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sifirat HaOmer Day 49 ― Malchut of Malchut: Nobility in Nobility

בס"ד

Please note:  Since Shabbat and Shavuot are back to back, I'm posting this last mediation on the Omer before Shabbat.
I'll continue posting on Isrur Chag since I'm in Israel.

Shabbat shalom and Chag Semach!

Day 49 ― Malchut of Malchut: Nobility in Nobility

Examine the sovereignty of your sovereignty.

Does it come from deep-rooted inner confidence in myself?
Or is it just a put-on to mask my insecurities?
Does that cause my sovereignty to be excessive?
Am I aware of my uniqueness as a person? Of my personal contribution?

Exercise for the day: Take a moment and concentrate on yourself, on your true inner self, not on your performance and how you project to others; and be at peace with yourself knowing that G-d created a very special person which is you.


After the 49 days of Counting the Omer, after having fully achieved inner renewal by merit of having assessed and developed each of our 49 attributes, we arrive at the fiftieth day. On this day we celebrate the Festival of Shavuot, the giving of the Torah (Matan Torah). After we have accomplished all we can through our own initiative, then we are worthy to receive a gift (matan) from Above which we could not have achieved with our own limited faculties. We receive the ability to reach and touch the Divine; not only to be cultivated human beings who have refined all of our personal characteristics, but divine human beings who are capable of expressing ourselves above and beyond the definitions and limitations of our beings.


The Daily Omer

No comments: