Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sifirat HaOmer Day 22 -- Chesed of Netzach: Loving-kindness in Endurance

בס"ד

Day 22 -- Chesed of Netzach: Loving-kindness in Endurance

For anything to endure it needs to be loved. 

A neutral or indifferent attitude will reflect in a marginal commitment. If you have difficulty making commitments, examine how much you love and enjoy the object that requires your commitment. 

Do I love my work? My family? My choices? 

For endurance to be effective it needs to be caring and loving. 

Does my endurance cause me to be, or seem to be, inflexible? Does my drive and determination cause me to be controlling? 

Am I too demanding? Do others (my employees, friends, children) cooperate with me out of the sheer force of my will and drive, or out of love?

Exercise for the day: When fighting for something you believe in, pause a moment to ensure that it is accomplished in a loving manner.

No comments: